My Trail Etiquette Promise
If I practice good trail etiquette it will make skiing more fun for everyone!
- When I overtake a slower skier I can call out “track” or I can move to the left and go around them.
- When faster skiers come up behind me I will move to the right and let them pass.
- If I meet another skier head on I will pass to the right.
- If a trail is too narrow for two skiers to pass, I will wait until the other skier passes.
- I will remember that skiers coming down a hill have the right of way.
- If I need to stop, or if I fall, I will move off the trail to allow clear passage for other skiers.
- I will move off the trail if I want to visit with my ski-friends.
- I will not take my pets on the ski trails.
- I will not litter and I will pack out what I packed in.
- I will respect the custom and say a friendly ‘hello’ when passing other skiers.
- I will obey the trail signs and ski in designated areas only.