Request for Proposals: National Winter Sports Association
The “National Winter Sports Association” (NWSA) was established through the foresight and donation of the Disbrow family to assist cross-country ski clubs with proven ability to develop competitive skiers and coaches based on long-term development planning. The NWSA has a Board of Directors, which decides on the direction and allocation of the NWSA grants. Cross Country Canada manages and administrates the annual funding allocations of the NWSA Board.
The Association’s order of priorities for funding assistance includes:
1. The hiring of full time professional coaches to lead year round athlete development programs. The coach is required to adapt an inclusive approach to Cross Country Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Guide, “Cross-Country Skiing – A Sport for Life.”
2. Advancing the education of professional coaches and cross-country ski racers who want to become professional coaches; this may include assisting them in their education at the National Coaching Institute (NCI) or other career enhancing opportunities.
3. Funding assistance for athletes who have the skill and desire to compete, first for their club and provincial team and then at the National Ski Team level.
2. Funding Assistance Disbursement Framework
The allocation of funds to clubs for the 2017-18 season will be based on NWSA’s priorities in alignment with the following guidelines:
d. The quality of the club’s proposed program and the organizational support systems to deliver the program;
e. Funding assistance for career coaching development and education at the club and NDC level based on the coach development plans.
f. Funding assistance for individual athletes based on the published eligibility guidelines and consideration of the athlete’s long term goals and objectives leading towards international success. (Note: the athlete subsidy is covered under a separate application process)
Submit to: Lisa Patterson, High Performance Development Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: April 21st, 2017
· All applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee designated by the NWSA.
· The Selection Committee will determine a short list of candidates.
· The Selection Committee will send the short list of candidates to the NWSA Board for final selection and approval.
· Successful candidates will be notified by phone and/or e-mail.
Please contact: Lisa Patterson, CCC High Performance Development Coordinator email@example.com for questions or concerns. Please note that both Tom Holland and Lisa Patterson will be on vacation and will be available for contact after April 12th. Susan Gudwer may be able to provide assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org) during this time.
Notification of selections: estimated to be June 2nd, 2017
Organized Electronic submissions required.